Since our launch in January and especially after the Parse Shutdown, we have been welcoming a lot of new users to Adminca. Many of you have given us insightful feedback and great suggestions on how to make data management with Adminca even easier. We have been listening carefully to your wishes, and have released multiple new features to Adminca on a weekly basis. Here is a quick overview of some of the new features:
- Export Data to CSV: For each class, you can now download your data as a CSV file by clicking on the “Export” button in the upper right corner. This will export the first 10,000 records of the current table. The CSV will be sorted and filtered just like your table. Hidden columns won’t be exported, and the order of the columns will be the same as in the table. You can change the order of the columns in the edit section by simply moving the fields up and down.
- Filter by Date Range: Each date column (e.g. “createdAt”, “updatedAt”) can now be filtered by range. Just click the filter icon next to the column header, and select the starting and ending dates from the calendar view. You can also filter records before or after a specific date.
- Filter by Boolean: Boolean columns can now be filtered by clicking on the filter icon of a boolean column header.
- Duplicate a Record: If you click on a row to view a record, you can click on “Duplicate” in the upper right corner in the detail view. This will create a copy of this record (with new ObjectId). The new row will appear at the end of the table.
- Image Preview in Table from URL: In the table view, you can already see the preview of files and images that are stored in Parse. Now you can also see the preview of URL’s that point to an image. It is particularly useful if you use Amazon S3 to store files instead of Parse. Just go to the Field Settings and set the format to “url”. Adminca will now read the URL, and show the image in both the table view and the detail view of this record.
- Show Dates in Local Time Zone: All dates in Adminca are now shown in your local time zone rather than UTC server time. This makes it easier for when you edit time fields or when you look at fields like “updatedAt”.
- Default Value on Date and Boolean Fields: You can now set a default value for date and boolean fields. Default values are applied when you create a new record. The default date value can be set to any desired date or the current time.
- Refresh: In the table view you can just click “Refresh” in the upper right corner, and it will refresh the data without reloading the whole page.
- Location Data: Location fields are now displayed as latitude and longitude instead of just displaying a JSON object.
- Account Settings: There is now a “Forgot password?” option on the login page. You can also change your password in the Account settings. Here you can also delete your Adminca account if needed, but we hope that you don’t have to use this feature any time soon :-)
Let us know what you think about these new features and if there is anything else you are looking for. We always appreciate your feedback!
Next on our roadmap are features such as:
- Trigger Cloud Code
- Create new Classes and Fields
- Update ACL settings
These features will come in handy for self-hosted Parse Servers, as there is currently no way to modify these settings. We plan on releasing Adminca for Parse Server before the end of February. At this point, only the Schema API of the Parse Server itself is still missing in order for Adminca to work with Parse Server.